Join our team.
Our residents’ satisfaction with staff performance is consistently one of the highest among communities managed by LCS®, A Life Care Services™ company.
Opportunities for employment are varied, and include maintenance of our beautiful building and grounds, hospitality and service in one of several dining areas, social services and programs, nursing and nursing assistance for residents in our Health Center, apartments and cottages, and administrative services.
We pride ourselves on offering our employees a rich benefits package and an environment in which to grow personally and professionally.
- Vacation time
- Personal/sick time per year
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Short-term disability
- Voluntary life
- Voluntary long-term disability
- Voluntary vision
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Credit union
- Employee Assistance Program
- Holiday bonus
- Exercise room
- Referral bonus program
- Care purchasing discount programs
- Staff luncheons and staff family special events
- Holiday party
- Employee wellness program
See open positions below. Interested candidates may forward a resume to email@example.com or come in to complete an application.
Hours include evenings and weekends, no late nights. $12.00 per hour starting pay.
The Utility Worker is responsible, in accordance with policies and procedures that are established, performs a number of kitchen activities including washing and sanitizing of pots, dishes and carts; operating dish washing machines; general cleaning duties while maintaining kitchen sanitation; stocking and storing food/ nonfood supplies; receiving, storing, and delivering supplies and food trays within facility. Assisting the cook staff when required.
Per Diem position (May-September/October) duties include:
Seasonal Full time (May-September)
Monday-Friday 7:00am-3:30pm (overtime potential)
- Performs major housekeeping duties including cleaning hallways, resident rooms, and common areas.
- Maintains carpet care and floor finishing, including spotting of carpets.
- Keeps monthly records of carpet cleaning throughout the Health Center to see that proper standards are being met.
- Routinely extracts carpeting and also on an emergency basis.
- Maintains equipment and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Takes monthly inventory on all health center cleaning supplies and compiles an order to be placed.
- Recommends to Director of Environmental Services equipment and supply needs of the department. Comments on the condition and operation of the floor equipment.
- Monitors daily the contents of the housekeeping binder at the Nurse’s Station. Responds to requests as appropriate.
- Places work orders for all maintenance issues that arise.
- Picks up and removes trash.
- Picks up and removes all items in the recycling program at the facility.
- Accomplishes all tasks in order of priority.
- Reports to the Director all complaints in regard to the controlling of insects.
- Participates in programs educating and orientating employees to the systems and procedures relating to the housekeeping operations, including life safety drills as scheduled.
- Completes monthly infection control rounds using the infection control checklist. Reports to Director any areas that do not meet standards.
- Follows safety guidelines when performing tasks.
- Maintains privacy of Residents in accordance with HIPAA regulations and company policy.
Part time – Up to 25 Hours/week
- To arrive at the scheduled time, ready and able to perform up to set performance standards as determined by management.
- To always maintain a professional level of appearance, personal hygiene, dress, and demeanor in accordance with the Food & Beverage Department’s policies.
- To treat and interact with your fellow employees in a respectful, professional and courteous manner.
- To leave outside the facility any transitory emotional or personal problems, not connected with Essex Meadows, which will adversely affect your performance at work.
- Greets each guest by name with a pleasant smile and positive attitude.
- Have complete knowledge of all current offerings and specials, their ingredients, cooking methods, accompanying sauces and garnishes, and to have the ability to communicate this information to the guest.
- To be able to pronounce all the dishes we serve confidently and accurately, and to continuously increase your knowledge of culinary terms and descriptions.
- To meet or exceed LCS Server standards as to the number of guests being serviced at any point in time, that number is now at 16.
- Be always aware of any shortage of food items, or discontinued (86’d) items, diplomatically advising the guests when this occurs.
- To be able to properly carry and handle service trays in a safe and professional manner.
- To conduct your movements and actions on the floor with enthusiasm and a sense of urgency, not rushed, but purposeful. Never lean against something, or idly chat with another employee, where you will give the guest the impression that you are bored or have nothing to do.
- Confidently accomplish the department’s Steps of Service (attached as part of this job description.) throughout the meal period, answering questions, and making appropriate suggestions regarding food and beverages.
- To respond to guest concerns and problems, handling them to the best of your ability, and to report notable difficulties to the manager in a timely manner. To recognize that a guest request or difficulty is beyond your scope of knowledge or authority, and solicit the assistance of the manager to respond to the guest.
- To inform the manager immediately whenever problems occur with guests, kitchen staff or fellow front of the house staff members, avoiding confrontation whenever possible.
- Maintain the cleanliness and sanitation of side stations and equipment, reporting any equipment problems immediately to the manager. Keep service items restocked as needed throughout the service period.
- To fulfill all assigned sidework during and prior to the end of your shift, and to have those tasks acknowledged and approved by the manager.