Senior Living Community in Essex, CT
This is who we are.
We’ve been an active part of our local community since we opened our doors in 1988. And we’re proud to have the ongoing stewardship of owners who take personal pride in advancing our success. Our resident satisfaction surveys consistently rank in the high 90th percentile. Our strong fiscal health is thanks in large part to the thoughtful management of Essex Meadows Properties, Inc.
We’re managed by one of the most respected and experienced management companies in senior living, Life Care Services™ (LCS). Since 1971, LCS has delivered exceptional, above-and-beyond products and services to generations of older adults.
We look good in green.
We believe we can make a positive impact in the world – both on today’s generations, and for those who come after us. That’s why we’re committed to environmental sustainability, implementing smart conservation and renewable efforts wherever we can on our campus.
We’ve earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification status, which means the community was built in accordance with rigid environmental standards. The benefits to the natural surroundings, habitats and eco-systems are significant, as are the energy and cost savings, increased efficiencies and decreased maintenance.
Some examples of our green efforts:
- Installing a solar power system
- Using geothermal heating and cooling in new construction
- Tracking energy consumption benchmarking
- Irrigating with non-potable water
- Using low-flow plumbing fixtures
- Adding an ozone injection system to laundry to reduce our use of water and chemicals
- Implementing a full recycling program
- Implementing a Green Cleaning Program in our Housekeeping and Food & Beverage departments
- Purchasing locally grown food when feasible
- Naturalizing meadows for wildlife and reduced irrigation
And our Resident Environmental Committee is focused on implementing LEED principles throughout Essex Meadows.
Real-Time monitoring is provided below to show the positive impact of our installed 108 Kwh Photovoltaic System.
We love our neighbors.
Residents appreciate that we’re within comfortable walking distance to grocery, pharmacy and banking spots in nearby Bokum Center – and a short drive to the shops and restaurants of historic Essex. They also embrace our next-door neighbor, The Preserve, a 1,000-acre coastal forest of woodlands and streams, walking trails and wildlife viewing.