We look good in green.
Essex Meadows is a community of expansive natural beauty. Our campus abuts The Preserve, a 1,000-acre forest. The Connecticut River and Long Island Sound are just minutes away.
Such surroundings are a welcome reminder of our responsibility to future generations. It’s a commitment we embrace, implementing eco-smart policies wherever we can.
The benefits to habitats and eco-systems are significant. For residents, the advantages include efficient energy use and cost savings. It’s a win-win relationship between our community and the world in which we live.
Eco-efforts make a difference.
- Solar paneling for natural energy generation
- High-efficiency geothermal heating and cooling
- Irrigation using non-potable water
- Low-flow plumbing for water preservation
- Eco-friendly laundry that reduces water use and chemicals
- Comprehensive recycling programs
- Purchasing locally grown food to reduce wasteful transport
- Naturalizing meadows for wildlife and reduced irrigation
We’re proud that our efforts have earned the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Gold certification. This designation means the community behaves in accordance with rigid environmental standards.
See the power of conservation.
Real-time monitoring shows us the continuous, positive impact of our sustainability efforts.